This is the 2nd of the two-part series on setting up a lead nurturing funnel.
If you haven’t read Part 1 yet, it is recommended that you do so here.
In part 1, we talked about how to setup Lead Scoring, which is a key aspect of any successful lead nurturing campaign.
The second part is on how to select content for these funnels, what works best etc.
Before deciding which content to use to nurture the leads, it is important to differentiate between the “maturity” of a lead in terms of the stage it is in.
There are basically 3 types of stages where leads are:
- ToFu (Top of the Funnel)
- MoFu (Middle of the Funnel)
- BoFu (Bottom of the Funnel)
This also means that the content would differ based on the type of lead, and a “one-size-fits-all” strategy is not likely to do much good.
- For ToFu leads, the content to be shared would mostly be educational.
- For MoFu leads, you would be using education content still, but these content pieces would be more geared towards your brand and its offerings.
- BoFu leads are at the bottom of the sales funnel, so the content is very specific about the products/services/offers related to the business.
Content types need not be articles only, but could be in a variety of forms such as:
- Webinar invites
- Free Trials
- Discounts/Special Offers
- Downloadable reports
- Explainer Videos
Analysis & Optimisation
Once your funnel starts generating stats, the following types of optimisation activities can be performed:
Optimize Lead Scoring to reach a point where there is a strong correlation between high lead scores and conversions.
Lead Stage wise objectives setup and their optimization. For example, keep increasing funnel engagement rate as the objective for ToFu, whereas use increasing conversion rate as the objective for BoFu leads.
ROI from Nurturing Funnel:
The simple formula given below is one good way to measure the ROI from the investment that you would need to make in setting-up and optimizing the lead nurturing funnel:
(SQLs X % Lift in conversions X Avg Revenue Per Conversion)/Total Nurturing Cost